{answering YOUR questions, parts 2, 3 + 4}

…Better late than never, right? {Don’t hate me for not recording these until yesterday!!!} I’m here with parts 2, 3 + 4 to answering YOUR questions on anything relating to my business or blog. Here’s my post on part 1 in case you missed it –wink! And can I share something with you? I tried to record these like 8 different times, honest! But my thoughts weren’t coming out of my mouth correctly and I was stuttering and sweating {what?} and I looked like a dork. So I held off… until now. I hope you enjoy watching them, tee hehe :]

answering YOUR questions, part 2 from gussy sews on Vimeo.

answering YOUR questions, part 3 from gussy sews on Vimeo.

answering YOUR questions, part 4 from gussy sews on Vimeo.

LINKS I MENTIONED ABOVE:
+ Hire Blog Help eBook {hiring/being a virtual assistant}
+ Etsy vs. Big Cartel {the business of handmade}
+ Allora Handmade — thanks for the encouragement to wear my product! love you girl ♥
+ Allison of O My Family holds my hand on airplanes ;]
+ Bend the Rules Sewing – my favorite book!

Hey Cathy – in video #3, I have a question for you! You asked me to share advice on those “starting out running an indie biz shop or blog”, but I’m hoping you can be a little more specific so I can answer your question :] If you’re reading Kathy & you submitted that question, please leave a comment below that’s a little more specific. I would LOVE to answer your question but I’m not sure where to start. THANK YOU!

xoxo,
Gussy

Comments

GUSSY- I was so excited to hop on the computer and tell you this! I was dropping my little guy off at daycare this morning and I saw another mom carrying a “Gussy” bag and we struck up a convo about how wonderful your tote bags are!!! Your bags are everywhere!! It’s amazing girl! LOVE THEM! Have a great day – XOXO

Gussy Sews Reply:

WHAT? That is just too cool!!!!! Do you remember what bag she had?! eeeek, thanks so much for sharing :)

Alli - Life on LeRoy Reply:

It was the Lola vacay tote bag!!

[Reply]

friend why are you nervous? it’s just us, your blogging friend! any vid you make will showcase off your amazing talent & hard work you put into Gussy.
    there, you should be encouraged now, haha! ;)

[Reply]

This was such a good post. I love hearing about the successes of others and how they got there!
    I also love your house! I love the houses in the city, they have so much woodwork and build in storage that is beautiful!

Gussy Sews Reply:

i can brag because we rent, but THIS HOUSE IS AWESOME — so thank you :) at first i wasn’t sure how to decorate, but i’m finding a lot of layers and colors go so well with all the hardwood accents & built-ins. you rock, barbara ;) thanks for the comment!

[Reply]

Aw, Gus, these are so cute. I’m laying here in bed watching your videos (too much info? Ha.) before I get up for the day. A sweet way to start my day seeing your smile. Loved what you had to say about living away from family, getting plugged in to a church and being in that place and season for a reason. I have definitely found those things to be true for us living thousands (and thousands and thousands) of miles from most of our friends and all our family.

Gussy Sews Reply:

hey lindsay! yes, there is never a mistake in where we are & why. it’s easy to forget ~ i know, but it’s so important to remember. thanks for the comment ;)

HannahBee says

If you are thinking about starting a handmade business, how do come up with a good name and where do you start it? Etsy of Big Cartel? Thank you!

[Reply]

Thank you for answering my question!! You nailed it on the head! My hubby has work friends, but I stay home with my kiddo, so its been kind of a weird balance. But we have had a lot of success lately in making friends, and (weird as it may sound) it is nice to know that it takes other people a *while* to get settled in. :) Its actually been a little bit of a blessing in disguise because the extra time I have has been spent on my biz and it has grown a little! :) So yay!

Thank you for the encouragement!!! xoxoxoxoxo

Allison in Louisiana says

I hope this isnt weird but…I just have to say that I love your accent! It is adorable!
    Great vlog! :) You inspire so many of us (even those with a blog)…keep up the great work!

[Reply]

You are just so darn cute and inspirational and honest. I love it! I love your videos. I’m really inspired to actually start {& hopefully finish} a sewing project today. I have a lot of trouble with tension, and I like to think I have patience, but after a while of things not going well, it’s so easy to just throw in the towel.

Gussy Sews Reply:

hi lacey! do you know which spool thread has the off-tension? top or bottom? email me if you have questions and i’ll see if i can help :] gussy AT gussysews DOT com

xoxo

Hannah M. says

I just recently found your blog and love it already! I really enjoyed watching the videos, and hearing your answers. I’m new to sewing and love it so far. I made my first shirt and it was actually wearable which to me means it was a success! I’m also interested in starting a blog but I’m still deciding what I want my niche to be. Thanks for all the tips and inspiration!

Hannah