{What I Wore Wednesday – #12}

It has been super chilly in Minneapolis these last few days. No fun! I’ve even worn my red knit slipper boots a few times. Bauer probably laughs at me when I wear them. Haha! {Also, I thought it was mid-April…?!}

I’m linking up with Lindsey today for WIWW :] All my items are from Target ~ no surprise there, right? And for something a little different, I’ve highlighted the jewelry I’m wearing at the end of this post.

Lurve this gray sweater! It’s so lightweight and it looks good with so many different tanks. I will sniffle for 8 seconds as I put it away for the summer…

My jewelry: I only have a few pieces that I wear the most. Some times I wear Pretty Things by Meg, other times Allora Handmade. Below you see a Lisa Leonard necklace [I bought it at a craft market last fall in Minneapolis.] The star is stamped with “create” and it has 2 pretty beads. It’s perfect :]

My staple piece is my wedding ring… of course ♥. Zack and I were engaged July 3rd, 2006 and got married June 7th, 2008. My engagement ring is actually a bee-you-tiful cocktail ring. I love that it’s unique… it’s not a traditional engagement ring, although it’s a pretty popular style nowadays :]. And my two wedding bands are miracle bands! We found them after MONTHS of searching. Since my engagement ring isn’t a traditional engagement ring, a complimentary wedding band wasn’t made for it. All of the wedding bands we found were more “pointy” in the middle [the one we bought is more square-ish], and since I needed two [yes, needed two] we had an even smaller selection to pick from. Finally we found what we were looking for, and ironically I think it looks like it was made just for this style of engagement ring. Tee he he :]

Comments

No sniffling, and certainly no putting away that sweater for summer. It is too cute, and you can put it to good use on those cool summer nights!

[Reply]

your wedding ring is beautiful, I was admiring it when your were doing your “hand knitting” tutorial! It looks vintage to me…like it looks new…but it has a old time feel to it!

[Reply]

I’m relatively new to your blog – and love it – but I just wanted to say that I lived in Minneapolis for about six years (if you include the college years) and I loooove Target. No shame in having most of your clothes come from there – and I think anyone who has spent a significant amount of time in Minneapolis would agree with me on that one! :) Besides, your clothes are always so cute!

[Reply]

How CUTE is Zack…commenting on YOUR BLOG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Love love love that SMILE on Zack’s face!
    That must be his I LOVE MAGGIE smile! ;o)
    Are you working out or WHAT!!!!
    Your body is ROCKIN’!!!!!
    You must workout between sewing projects!
    You need to do a post on how you keep those ABS so FLAT! Ah….haha!
    {I’m not kidding…please do a “FLAT AB” post!
    LOVED your post yesterday….need to email you my lengthy response. ;o)
    Hugs to you!
    Wags to Bauer!
    Hugs to Zack too~
    xo
    Oh…love the grey cardi.

[Reply]

You look adorable! I’m almost wishing for a little cooler weather like where you are. I’m in Texas and yesterday it was mid-90′s! Being preggo, I was not thrilled. :)

[Reply]

gray + pink! well gray + anything = fab.

also target is awesome… they should pay you for all the love you give them! ;)
    happy wednesday :D

p.s. love love love the engagement ring.

[Reply]

Nikki says

Where did you manage to find your wedding rings? From the looks of it, we have the exact same engagement ring (you must have great taste!). I had a terrible time finding a band to go with it.

[Reply]

I love your rings! I’ve been wanting something like that whenever I get married (probably several years from now). The outfit is so cute, I love the colors.

Sarah